22.1.05

"Vote for who?"

We just spoke to my family in Baghdad and it appears as though nobody will be voting. In fact, we outside of Iraq are scared shitless about anybody in my family going to the polls. And "Vote for who?" was repeated on the phone as if it wouldn't make much of a difference if they voted or not.

As much as I want these elections to mean something real and substantive to Iraq and Iraqis--namely my family there--I don't believe it will mean a damn thing. Funny how my family living through this madness shapes my opinion in these matters. They reflect the same sentiments of River in her latest post, too. And so, it appears as though these elections will only increase the amount of violence. We are all bracing for a very difficult time.

WHY DIDN'T THEY HOLD ELECTIONS A YEAR AGO?!

Morons.

Out, lim.

0 comments:

Blog Archive