14.7.05

Where is the outrage? 24 Iraqi CHILDREN killed while getting sweets from American soldiers.

UPDATE: I was emotional when I first heard about so many Iraqi children being killed at one time, so I reacted without thinking clearly about the terrorists that carried out this horrendous act. I was more concerned about the stupidity (which I still think is stupidity) regarding the American soldiers giving candy to so many children at one time. That combined with the fact that when London happened (and yes, my sister was a block and a minute away from being in one of the bombs), everybody--rightly so--talked and talked about it...yet when this incident with the Iraqi children happened, it just sort of faded away like all reporting of Iraq.

Now that I'm thinking more clearly I'd like to state my opinion on the matter. And this is thanks to a cousin who has called me and other Iraqi bloggers out on ignoring the facts. Fact 1: This act was carried out by a terrorist that deserved to die before he killed 24 Iraqi children. 2: There is no way one could justify these attacks in my eyes. The children may have been used to one degree or another, but it doesn't mean one shouldn't condemn those who initiated the attack. Smell my finga?

So, I am against the terrorists that destroyed families on this terrible day. On the other hand, I don't think it was bright to be giving sweets to so many Iraqi children when they knew the threat was high. The persons that deserve the heft of the blame are clearly the bastards that detonated the bomb that killed the Iraqi children.

I am now especially angered by those that don't recognize the difference. And I will take the piss out of you if you're one of these persons. Regardless, I do also reiterate my opinion that there must be a stop to the practice of handing out sweets to large groups of Iraqi children to avoid such incidents from EVER EVER occurring again.

* * * * * * * *

Even IF the intentions were only good, let me please ask American soldiers to STOP giving large groups of children candy. Where is the outrage, then? Was it even mentioned on CNN after the day it happened? Will American troops stop this practice in light of this barbarism? Or will they continue to put innocent Iraqi children at risk? Or will they accuse those children of being terrorists because they were deliberately baiting American troops into a trap that injured or killed only 1 or 2 soldiers?

And sure, maybe it's a situation of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"...but please, whatever. JUST STOP THIS PRACTICE RIGHT NOW. Give to children in smaller groups to avoid a situation where 24 of THEM can be wiped off the face of the earth.

And, again, WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

Oh, then there's the lock up the Iraqis in the metal box like they were animals and let them suffocate to death. Oh, ooops, you didn't mean to...so, it was an accident. So, you mustn't be accountable. Yes, Prof. Cole, exactly like Ghassan Kanafani's "Rijal bil Shamas" ( "Men in the Sun" ). I recommend you read this incredible story. He's a truly incredible writer.

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? WHERE?

ARE IRAQIS NOT HUMANS, TOO?

WHERE IS THE FRICKIN OUTRAGE THEN?

0 comments:

Blog Archive